How to Make Dragon Fruit Jam in Your Very Own Kitchen
- 1 kg dragon fruits, cubed
- 400gr sugar
- 1 lemon, quartered (squeeze out the juice)
- 1/3 cup water
*you will need a chilled plate and 2 empty jars
- Combine dragon fruit, lemon juice, lemon skin and water into a non-stick pot. Simmer over medium heat until it becomes soft and juicy.
- Add in sugar and leave to boil by increasing the heat. Try to press on the lemon skin for the pectin. Keep stirring the mixture constantly until thickened.
- Place a teaspoon of the hot jelly to a chilled plate to test if it is ready for canning. If the jelly holds its shape a bit, like an egg, then it’s ready. Once it’s ready, off the heat and pour out the jelly into jars.
To Prepare the Jars:
You can bake them in the oven at 200 degree Celsius for about 5-10 minutes and then leave them for cooling, or boiling them in a pot of water, drain and dry up fast and then leave aside to cool slowly.
To Seal the Jars:
Quickly put on the lids once finished filling in the jam. Then over turn the jar and leave cool completely upside down.