Roasted Strawberry Protein Shake: Breakfast Fruitarian Smoothie for Weight Loss
Protein shakes are easy enough to whip up for breakfast. Try this Roasted Strawberry Protein shake as your breakfast fruitarian smoothie for weight loss. The cottage cheese adds protein, raw honey is a natural sweetener with nutritional benefits, and the banana helps thicken it up. This combination of ingredients packs quite a nutritional and protein punch. For a serious flavor boost, roast strawberries before tossing them into this blend.
- 16 oz whole strawberries
- 1 cup whipped cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup water
- ½ large banana or 1 small banana
- 1 cup ice
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and hull the strawberries. Place them in a small oven-safe dish, toss with the sugar, and roast for 30 minutes or until done, tossing once during cooking time. If your strawberries are large, halve them.
- Allow the berries to cool.
- To make the smoothie; combine the roasted berries, their juice, cottage cheese, honey, vanilla, water, banana, and ice in your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Adjust the sweetness and the thickness to fit your taste.
Tips: Roasted berries can be prepared a day ahead and kept sealed with their juices in the refrigerator.